Jobs Available at FLLS
Shelving Page Sub
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for processing materials returned by member libraries in the delivery on a per diem basis.
Reports to: Reference & Interlibrary Loan Coordinator.
- Unpack delivery bags and sort materials for distribution to different departments and member libraries
- Sort, check-in, and shelve FLLS materials as needed.
- Maintain the general appearance of the shelving area.
- Assist consultants with special projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Accurate sorting skills and attention to detail is essential.
- Reliable attendance
- Ability to work independently when necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Comfortable with computers.
- Involves some moderate (50 lbs) lifting of books and boxes of books.
HOURS: This is an “on call” position, generally Monday – Friday between the hours of 2:30 – 5:30 PM as needed. You will be contacted to fill in for pages for vacations and sick days. Notification will be in advance for vacations, but may only be a couple of hours for sick days.
PAY RATE: $17.10 / hr
How to Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to Kristi Downham at email@example.com. Please state “Shelving Page Sub Application” in the subject line. All applications will be acknowledged by return email.
Applications for this position will not be accepted after July 2nd, 2021.
Reports to Senior Library Clerk in the Access Services Department
The Tompkins County Public Library is seeking a full-time 35-hour-week Library Page to join the Access Services Department. This position will work evenings and weekends shelving books and library materials, assisting patrons in using the library, and performing minor clerical tasks. The ideal candidate works well in a team environment, exhibits an attention to detail, and conveys a positive and energetic attitude. Physical condition is commensurate with the demands of the position. This includes bending and lifting objects such as books and supplies up to 20 pounds, or pushing carts of 50 pounds. The work requires no prior experience as employees are trained on the job. Hiring rate is $16.40 an hour with benefits. Tompkins County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Tompkins County is committed to Equity and Inclusion. We encourage others with similar values to apply.
To complete an online application, please visit and apply for Page
For a complete job description, please visit
Deadline is June 7, 2021.
Seymour Public Library District
Seymour Public Library District, 176-178 Genesee St., Auburn NY, is accepting applications for the position of Director of Library Experiences (Librarian III). Seymour Library serves as a hub for learning and discovery in our community. When you join our library team, you become part of a dynamic and creative group that works collaboratively to connect our community with new resources, technology, and experiences.
Director of Library Experiences
As the Director of Library Experiences, you are an innovator who looks ahead and envisions new ways to better serve our library customers. You are a problem solver who works to meet customer and community needs and proactively resolves concerns, while promoting the library’s brand. You will work with the Leadership Team to coordinate and improve library experiences by developing and managing library services.
In this role, you are responsible for overseeing all aspects of circulation and supervise the Library Experiences team (4 FTEs). You will hire, train, and evaluate all Library Experience staff and develop/oversee ongoing professional development for the department.
This is a 40 hours/week position, evenings and weekends may be required based on scheduling. Please note, this is a competitive civil service position for Librarian III and the incumbent will be required to take the appropriate civil service exam associated to this position. That exam has not been scheduled yet and the incumbent will be appointed provisionally until that time.
For the full job description and qualifications, please visit: www.seymourlibrary.org/jobs-at-the-library
Please email your resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications received by Thursday, May 13, 2021 will receive first consideration.
Marcellus Free Library Seeks a Youth Services Librarian
The Marcellus Free Library, located outside of Syracuse, NY, is accepting applications for a full-time Youth Services Librarian to join a dynamic and dedicated team of library professionals. The successful candidate will promote early literacy skills and develop a comprehensive slate of programming and community outreach services for children, teens, and families. Must enjoy working with children and teens, like to have fun at work, not take yourself too seriously, and be willing to wear goofy hats occasionally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementing a wide variety of programs, public service, and community outreach for children, families, and teens.
- Assisting in all phases of collection development.
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory to children, teens, and adults.
- Maintaining awareness of current trends in children’s and YA literature, participating in system-wide youth services committees.
- Keeping up to date on current library technology.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution, eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required.
- Library experience, Youth Services preferred.
- Approximately 35 hours per week. Nights and occasional weekends are required.
- Starting salary range is $40,000 to $45,000 per year, depending on education and experience. Generous PTO package, holidays, retirement savings with employer match, and health insurance available.
For additional information and a detailed job description, please visit the Employment Opportunities page at marcelluslibrary.org. The position will remain open until filled. Application review will begin Monday, June 21st.
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Jake Widrick, Library Director
Or mail to:
Marcellus Free Library
32 Maple St
Marcellus, NY 13108