Jobs Available at FLLS
None at this time.
Jobs Available at Member Libraries & Affiliates
Ulysses Philomathic Library Circulation Assistant
- 15 hours per week
- $17.61 per hour
- Eligible for part-time level benefits
- Evening and weekend hours required
Ulysses Philomathic Library (UPL) is an Association Library located in Trumansburg, NY. UPL is an educational and cultural resource center which strives to meet the informational, creative and leisure needs of all community residents.
The Circulation Assistant, under the supervision of the Library Director (LD), will be responsible for working behind the circulation desk, assisting library patrons, enforcing library policies, and various library upkeep duties. The ideal candidate would be dependable and trustworthy, have strong computer skills and attention to detail, and experience providing excellent customer service. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
We are a small team that values collaboration, transparent communication, flexibility, diversity, and collective care. We are committed to creating a library environment where all are welcome.
Please see www.trumansburglibrary.org for the complete job description.
5 pm on Friday, April 7th 2023
Send cover letter and resume to: Laura Mielenhausen, firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
Ulysses Philomathic Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Aurora Free Library: Library Assistant
The Aurora Free Library is seeking a dynamic flexible part-time employee to join our team. The candidate will work at the circulation desk, help in the selection of materials and assist in programming. The individual will be an organized, creative, and detail-oriented person who will help assess community interests and select materials and devise and administer programs based on those findings.
- Provide a full range of library services to patrons including assisting with registering patrons for library cards, material selection, on-line catalog services, interlibrary loan, reference and downloadable training
- Assist in collection development including acquisitions, cataloguing, and weeding
- Work with the Director to design, implement, promote, and assess programming, including the summer reading program
- Work with the Director to maintain and expand the library’s social media presence
- Plan and conduct weekly visits from local school
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Computer proficiency and ability to create publications
- Ability to author and navigate social media and online platforms
- Knowledge of Southern Cayuga Community
- Experience working with youth preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, bend, squat and stretch above head on a regular basis
- Position will begin after March 1st
- Position is 15-20 hours a week, including some evenings and 2-3 Saturdays/month
Dependent on experience and qualifications
Please send letter of interest, resume and contact information for 3 references to:
Sandra Groth, Library Director at email@example.com Review of applications will begin immediately
Library Page Position at the Tompkins County Public Library
Reports to Senior Library Clerk in the Access Services Department
Deadline is November 10, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
The Tompkins County Public Library is seeking a full-time 35-hour-week Library Page to join the Access Services Department. The ideal candidate will be able to join the library in creating an inclusive environment where everyone can enjoy what the library has to offer. Applicants should be detail-oriented and be willing to help all patrons. The Paging team is invested in collaborating and problem-solving where each member is considered and belongs.
This position works evenings and weekends shelving books and other library materials, assisting patrons in using the library, and performing minor clerical tasks. The work requires no prior experience as employees are trained on the job, and there is no education requirement. Hiring rate is $16.40 an hour with benefits. Physical condition is commensurate with the demands of the position. This includes bending and lifting objects such as books and supplies up to 20 pounds or pushing carts of 50 pounds.
Tompkins County Public Library is committed to the values of equity and inclusion. We encourage others with similar values to apply.
To complete an online application, please visit and apply for Page https://www.tompkinscivilservice.org/civilservice/vacancies. Applications submitted between August 1, 2022 through November 10, 2022 will be considered. For a complete job description, please visit https://www.tompkinscivilservice.org/civilservice/job/502