Jobs Available at FLLS
There are currently no job openings at FLLS.
ULYSSES PHILOMATHIC LIBRARY | OUTREACH ASSISTANT
Job Description – 19 hours per week – $16.67 per hour – Eligible for part-time level benefits
The Outreach Assistant, under the supervision of the Library Director (LD), will be responsible for engaging with Ulysses Philomathic Library’s community by bringing a library presence to community events, collaborating with community partners, and spreading awareness of library services and programming. This position will also support the day-to-day operations of the Library. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for literacy and libraries, experience working with people of diverse ages and backgrounds, and project management skills. We are a small team that values collaboration, transparent communication, flexibility, diversity, and collective care. We are committed to creating a library environment where all are welcome.
The regular work schedule will be Tuesday 9:30 am-4pm; Thursday 9:30am-4pm; and Friday 9:30am-5pm. The Outreach Assistant will attend special community events on behalf of the library – including some evening and weekend hours. When this happens the time worked will be flexed out of the regular schedule.
The Outreach Assistant, with the support of the LD, will be responsible for managing these ongoing projects:
- Outreach Story Times within the community, including at the Trumansburg Farmers Market
- Coordinate with community partner contacts
- Schedule, plan, and implement Story Time programs
- Communicate with volunteers supporting the program
- Books for Backpack Program
- Coordinate with program organizers at Trumansburg Central School District
- Order appropriate titles for age ranges of students participating
- Sort, pack, and deliver books to the Elementary, Middle & High Schools
- Library Book Bike
- Maintain the book bike, work with LD on any expenses or maintenance needed
- Coordinate, plan, and implement pop-up events within the community
- Juniper Manor Program
- Deliver books to Juniper Manor patrons on a weekly basis
- Refresh offsite collection of Large Print books at Juniper I
- Promote library services to Juniper I & II
- Identify new possibilities and outreach opportunities within the community.
The Outreach Assistant will also support the day-to-day operations of Ulysses Philomathic Library:
- Regularly scheduled circulation desk shifts: providing customer service in library transactions, helping patrons navigate the library, checking library materials in and out, assist in materials handling
- Assist with larger library programs and events as needed
- Assist with grant-funded projects and grant writing as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum one (1) year experience working in a public-facing position
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to coordinate and track multiple projects at once
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Community-based programming experience
- Knowledge of mission of public libraries and their role within the community
- Experience working and speaking with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
Please see www.trumansburglibrary.org for the complete job description.
Send a cover letter and resume to: Laura Mielenhausen, email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Ulysses Philomathic Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Library Assistant Job Posting
The Aurora Free Library is seeking a dynamic, energetic, creative and flexible part-time employee to join our team. The candidate will develop, implement and publicize programs for the community and also work at the circulation desk. The individual will be an organized, creative, and detail-oriented person who can help in assessing community interests and devising and administering programs based on those findings.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Working with the Director to design, implement, promote, and assess programming for both adults and children
- Working at the circulation desk providing all aspects of library services to patrons
- Working on ways to expand offerings and outreach and bring in new library users
- Working with the Director on publicity, designing publications and social media
- Computer proficiency and ability to design and create attractive publications
- Ability to author and navigate social media and online platforms
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a three-person team
- Knowledge of Southern Cayuga Community
- Experience planning community events and working with youth a plus
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, bend, squat and stretch above head on a regular basis
- Knowledge of Canva, graphic design skills and grant writing experience a plus
- Position will begin after January 1, 2022
- Position is 10-15 hours per week, including some evenings and occasional Saturdays
Compensation: Range $15-$20 per hour dependent on experience and/or qualifications
Please send letter of interest, resume and contact information for 3 references to:
Sandra Groth, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately. Posted: 11/16/2021