Overdrive | Additional Resources
System-funded eContent includes OverDrive/Libby, Mango Languages, HeritageQuest, JobNow, and other databases. Currently, the selection of titles on OverDrive is done by the Member Services Librarian at FLLS and member library selectors, separate from the eContent Committee. The eContent collection is selected in compliance with our Collection Development Policy.
The Finger Lakes Library System encourages all member libraries to contribute to the selection and maintenance of our digital collection. It is recommended that your library’s contribution to eContent be 5% of your annual materials budget. Member libraries have the choice to select and pay for items themselves, or to contribute to the eContent fund.
FLLS OverDrive Contribution Request Letter and Form for FY 2022 was emailed to directors on April 1, 2022. Please contact Sarah firstname.lastname@example.org or Heidi email@example.com with any questions.
For all statistical data for our eContent offerings visit our Web-Stats page.
Need help? Instructions and policies for selecting, purchasing and billing can be found in our Guidelines for Purchasing document.
Remember, you need an Overdrive Account to purchase from Overdrive. If you need an account, let Rex know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From this link you can view the Best Practices and training documents.
If you are in the middle of ordering and you have a question, please call:
Rex Helwig, ext. 240
For Invoicing Support
Use the Invoicing Support button under the Support Tab to communicate with Overdrive billing for any problems.
The purpose of the committee is to:
- Keep current on eContent trends and establish best practices
- Review and recommend system-wide eContent products and platforms
- Establish guidelines for contributing to the member library eContent fund
The eContent Committee includes representatives from both member libraries and FLLS staff. Starting in November 2021, the committee will resume meeting quarterly via Zoom.
Interested in being on the committee or learning more? Email Heidi at email@example.com.
Database Training – Videos:
- Mango: https://www.youtube.com/c/mangolanguages
- JobNow: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE0-o5qK_fHFNXwnH2Lrz-d7B7B9A7Qd
- Libby:https://help.libbyapp.com/ and a video is available here https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/9709.html
- Gale: https://support.gale.com/training/
Access Alphabetical & Subject List of Databases
- Do-It-Yourself Databases .10mb