FALCONS Meeting Minutes May 21, 2020
Minutes: Motion to accept minutes as amended with attendees made by Linda [CAN]; second by Martha [CIN]. Carried.
- One Card (Rex): Patron purge is complete. Suspected duplicate patron records have had a Block applied. Member libraries should always:
- Use middle name preferably or at the very least a middle initial
- Update DOB on patron records
- If you merge patron records, remove DUPLICATE PATRON block (this must be done manually).
- BYOD printing (Rex): looking at products, specifically Princh. On hold due to pandemic.
- Census 2020 (Rex): Libraries have a separate SSID wifi for Census site.
- Jenny has content to use on Instagram
- NY Shield Act (Rex)
- DO NOT put credit card, driver’s license or other identifying numbers in Polaris.
- Rex will develop a program to reprogram barcode scanners to ignore DL info.
- Review your policies to make sure you adhere to this law.
- Bulk Buy (Eric): the list of options has been limited to streamline the process. Not sure of dates for ordering yet. Eric will send an email with form, dates, and other information.
- Replace Win7 machines
- Washable keyboards (using a USB connection) are available in the bulk buy process.
- Unplug keyboard before wiping down
- If you have a regular keyboard, use wipes not sprays.
- ****Monitors: use special monitoring cleaning wipes if necessary. Do not use disinfectant wipes ****
- You can use disinfectant wipes on touch screen monitors.
- Restarting Services
- Place holds on anything but only your library can fulfill hold. Hold queue is based on pick up location.
- UMS has text process (and desktop option) for curbside pickup. $195/library
- Use the FLLS form provided by Rex to tell him your library hours and when you will be open for services (and what those services will be).
- Rex can update the HOLD notice.
- Text limit is 140 characters
- Telephony cannot be modified so let Rex know if you need it turned off.
- Rex can change all notices to email if set to telephony.
- Staff passwords will have expired during the shutdown. Staff can update from home using LEAP “Password Reset Recovery” app.
- Rex changed expired holds date to July 31st and status to ACTIVE.
- Rex can add a “page” above carousel for PAC.
- Rex mentioned REALM study; first reporting due 6/15
- ILL: out of system ILL is off. There is no access to Worldcat.
- Hold notices go out at 7:30am and 6:00 pm.
Lisa Carr, recording secretary