Jobs Available at FLLS
Computer Network Services Manager
Full-time Computer Network Services Manager (posted August 9, 2023)
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: The Computer Network Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all functions of the Integrated Library System (ILS) hardware/software, network infrastructure and System servers and computers. The position includes assisting FLLS staff and our 33 member libraries. Having the ability to work with users that have a wide range of IT skills is paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages technology support for all the member libraries, which includes: Staff & Public computer equipment purchases, configuration, installation, troubleshooting and repair; network design, configuration, troubleshooting and repair, including wireless networks and Internet connectivity; install, configure, and troubleshoot PC Management software; provide training on staff and public computers and software.
- Provides guidance to the Executive Director on IT systems and services.
- Manages the FLLS’s Integrated Library System, including but not limited to preparation and execution of backups of the ILS database, designing ILS reports, performing routine maintenance on the hardware and software as required, troubleshooting to resolve hardware and software problems as soon as possible, promptly arrange for ILS upgrades and any necessary maintenance of hardware and software.
- Researches and recommends the purchase of equipment and services necessary to maintain and improve the functions of the ILS.
- Communicate and implement changes and enhancements to the ILS.
- Serves as the official liaison with the ILS and technology vendors.
- Provides ILS training to member libraries and system staff.
- Attends the Finger Lakes Automated Library Consortium (FALCONS) and promotes member library participation.
- Develops and manages the IT budget in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Coordinates the library system’s e-rate program.
- Plans and implements special projects and services as required.
- Takes advantage of professional development opportunities as they arise.
- Travels in the System’s five county area as required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Windows operating system, applications, and utilities.
- Knowledge of information and telecommunication technologies, local/wide area networks, Internet, PC based applications, PC security.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with web-based resources.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate successfully in front of audiences, board members and library staff.
- Ability to work with users that have a wide range of IT skills.
- Ability to train others in one-on-one or group situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- M.L.S. or M.L.I.S. from an ALA – accredited school may be considered, or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience in libraries and with library automation systems desired.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License
Salary, Benefits and Hours:
$57,000 – $62,000 dependent upon qualifications. New York State Retirement, health insurance, and a competitive benefits package included. The position is 35 hours per week. Some weekend and evening hours may be required. This position requires on-call service via a company provided cell phone.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references in .pdf format to Sarah Glogowski, Executive Director, Finger Lakes Library System, at email@example.com. Please state “Computer Network Services Manager Application” in your subject line. All applications will be acknowledged by return email. Applications received by Friday, September 1, 2023 will receive first consideration.