Jobs Available at FLLS
There are currently no job openings at FLLS.
FLLS Internship Opportunities
The Finger Lakes Library System offers opportunities for a college or graduate student seeking internship positions throughout the year. The intern will have the chance to gain a wide range of experiences in a busy public library system.
The intern will work closely with each librarian at the system and assist with tasks including but not limited to: creating marketing materials for social media and the website, join system staff in visits to member libraries, shadow system employees on day-to-day tasks and much more!
- An interest in library system services.
- Computer skills are essential including Microsoft Office, social media platforms, website skills and basic problem solving and tech support.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks on a number of concurrent projects.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills, be well organized, detail oriented, and creative.
Hours & Details:
- Dates and times of the internship will be determined with the individual. The Finger Lakes Library System is open from 8:00am-4:00pm, however, many staff members work outside these hours.
- This is an unpaid internship but a great opportunity to receive school credit and build your resume.
All applicants must submit a letter via email outlining their goals, school requirements and timeline for interning to email@example.com. Resume and letters from academic or professional references may be required as well.
Deadline to Apply:
Please email your application materials to:
Member Services Librarian
Finger Lakes Library System
1300 Dryden Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
The Ulysses Philomathic Library is looking for a Library Director
The Ulysses Philomathic Library, located in Trumansburg, New York, is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader who is forward-thinking and values transformative library experiences, is committed to shared decision-making and will inspire and empower a creative, dedicated, and enthusiastic staff, a visionary who plays an active role in the community and advocates for library services for this small, but diverse community.
● The director is responsible for the operation of the Trumansburg library, its programs and services and supervises staff and volunteers.
● The director prepares annual budgets, oversees recordkeeping, and reports regularly to the Board. The director also prepares and monitors funding requests for public and private grants.
● Under the direction of the Board of Trustees, the director ensures that the operations of the library conform with policies established by the Trustees and the New York State Library.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
● Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science and eligibility for a New York State
Professional Librarian Certificate, plus two years of successful public library leadership
● Applicant should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to establish effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, the Board, local schools and the general public, conduct public outreach and serve as spokesperson for the library.
● Applicants should have up-to-date knowledge of information technologies and their application to the public library setting.
COMPENSATION : This is a full-time salaried position requiring the director to adapt to a flexible work schedule for events, programs, and meetings that involve some evenings and weekends. Salary level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be competitive with libraries in the Finger Lakes Library System.
APPLICATION : Interested applicants should submit cover letter, application (available online at www.trumansburglibrary.org ), and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be mailed
Cynthia Mannino, Search Committee Chair
Ulysses Philomathic Library
PO Box 655
74 East Main Street
Trumansburg, NY 14886
Applications will be considered as they are received. Deadline: November 3, 2017.
The Ulysses Philomathic Library is an equal opportunity lender, provider, and employer.