Jobs Available at FLLS
There are currently no job openings at FLLS.
The Waterloo Library and Historical Society is looking for a part – time Graphics and Social Media Library Clerk.
JOB DESCRIPTION non-exempt
Job Title: Graphics and Social Media Library Clerk
Hours: 15 hours per week
Statement of the Job:
Employee is expected to update and maintain multiple forms of online and print media in order to inform the community on current programs and events. The employee will also
perform duties using databases associated with the everyday operations of a library. General patron and customer service skills are required. Reports to the Library Director.
Graphic and Media Responsibilities:
- Update and Maintain
- Multiple forms of Social Media
- Online Calendar
- Create Flyers, Print Calendars and Publicity Materials
- Sorts and shelves library materials
- Maintains library files and patron records
- Provides routine information and assistance to community users
- Maintains neat and tidy appearance of Library collection by weeding and shifting material as directed by the Director
- Operates standard library equipment
- Physically locates library materials within the collection
Performs other duties at the discretion of the Director.
Flexible hours between these days and times Mon-Tues 10-7 Thu-Fri 10-5 and every other Saturday 10-1
Applications are available at the Waterloo Library
31 East Williams St
Waterloo NY, 13165
The Marcellus Free Library has a full – time Library Director position open.
LIBRARY DIRECTOR – MARCELLUS FREE LIBRARY (MARCELLUS, NY)
DESCRIPTION: The Marcellus Free Library Board of Trustees seeks a full time Library Director, who is an exceptional leader and who demonstrates commitment to the public library’s excellent service to the local community.
With a dedicated staff of 19 full and part time employees, volunteers, and an active Friends group, the Marcellus Free Library serves about 6,000 residents of Marcellus, NY, as well as the surrounding area, circulating 140,000+ items annually. Marcellus Free Library is part of the Onondaga County Public Library System (OCPL). Marcellus is located in central New York, about 20 miles from Syracuse. Additional information may be found at www.mflib.org
RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will have the skill and experience to plan and implement new services and programs, to foster community support, and to share a vision for the library. The Director reports to the Board of Trustees. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Having overall responsibility for administrative duties, including personnel, budgeting, collection management, facilities management, information services, marketing, programming, and planning, in accordance with policies developed by the Board of Trustees.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patrons, schools, businesses, municipal entities, and community groups in the service area, representing the library and its objectives and activities.
- Selecting, training, supervising, and motivating library staff to enable the provision of effective library service to patrons and to the greater community.
- Advising the Board in library matters and keeping it informed of relevant issues and developments at the local, regional, state, and national level. Attending all Board meetings, reporting on library activities, statistics, and important issues, participating actively in discussion and contributing ideas and suggestions during the decision-making process.
- Acting as primary liaison between the Library, and the Friends, OCPL, and other libraries.
- Monitoring the upkeep of buildings and grounds in cooperation with the Board’s Building and Maintenance chairperson.
- A Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- A minimum of two years Library experience with increasing responsibility
- Extensive technology experience and/or knowledge of library-driven technology services.
- Demonstration of effective communication skills.
- Three years supervisory experience
- New York State Public Librarian’s professional certificate.
Competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 403b contribution, paid vacation and sick days.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, résumé, and three professional references to email@example.com by October 17, 2016.