Jobs Available at FLLS
The Finger Lakes Library System, located at 1300 Dryden Rd. in Ithaca, NY is seeking a Technology Training Coordinator. FLLS serves 33 member libraries in the surrounding 5 counties.
Application Deadline: May 22, 2015.
Send cover letter, resume, and references to: Rex Helwig, email@example.com No phone calls please.
Finger Lakes Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary: Provides Integrated Library System (ILS) technical support, ILS & Personal Computer (PC) training, assist member libraries with their ILS reports, create and maintains ILS documentation. Provide backup to the other Computer Network Services personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the CNS Manager
- Provide technical support for all member library and System staff.
- Assess training needs for member library and System staff.
- Create a training curriculum based on needs assessment.
- Execute training curriculum and maintain a database of training and attendees.
- Train member library and System staff in the use of the ILS circulation management software and applicable productivity software. Issue Continuing Education (CE) certificates to training participants.
- Assist with maintenance of ILS database.
- Design and generate reports using the current/applicable report generation software including but not limited to daily notice production.
- Maintain, manage and schedule the Trainer’s Toolbox computer lab.
- Travel in the System’s five county area required.
- Act as recording secretary for meetings chaired by the CNS Manager.
- Additional duties when assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to train others in a one on one or group environment.
- Knowledge of libraries and library procedures desired.
- Knowledge of Integrated Library System software desirable, Polaris Library Systems ILS preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with current FLLS supported software (current Microsoft Operating Systems, Office, Camtasia, Remote Desktop, various Web browsers, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome).
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience or 5 years computer and software support in a library environment.
- New York State Driver’s License
Hours: Full time (35 hours per week). Some weekend and evenings may be required.
Specific schedule decided by supervisor.
Salary and Benefits – Starting salary $16.00 -$18.50 per hour based on experience. Benefits include New York State Retirement, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation and Sick Time.
The Ulysses Philomathic Library is seeking a part-time Volunteer Coordinator for 15 hours per week, including occasional evening and Saturday hours.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 28, 2015 at 5 p.m.
Send cover letter and resume to: Annette Birdsall, firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
The Ulysses Philomathic Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
Please see www.trumansburglibrary.org for the full job description.
Summary of Essential Responsibilities
The Volunteer Coordinator, under the supervision of the Library Director (LD) will be responsible for recruiting, scheduling, training, supporting, recognizing, and overseeing a significant, dedicated volunteer workforce. The position also requires assisting patron at the circulation desk and assisting with general library operations as well as other duties as assigned.
The Volunteer Coordinator must have knowledge of libraries, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to prioritize tasks, basic computer knowledge, and superior abilities working with people. This person must be able to perform assigned duties accurately and in a timely fashion, work independently, and maintain a friendly, professional, welcoming, and service-oriented attitude. High School Diploma or equivalent is required–flexibility and sense of humor are preferred.
JOB DESCRIPTION @ 15 hours per week
The Volunteer Coordinator in conjunction with the Library Director (LD) is responsible for:
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Maintain volunteer application
- Respond to applicants with postcard or email
- Interview volunteers to determine best match
- Promote volunteer opportunities as appropriate
- Volunteer Assignments and Scheduling
- Welcome volunteers to positions that best fit their interests
- Schedule circulation desk volunteers for weekly desk shifts
- Schedule other volunteers for library work
- Volunteer Records
- Maintain updated list of volunteers with current contact information
- Maintain emergency contact information
- Maintain hours for volunteers; tally for candlelight dinner
- Provide nametags for volunteers
- Suggest volunteer of the year for LD’s consideration
- Volunteer Training
- Provide initial training of desk, shelf, adopt-a-shelf, and book sale sorters as needed
- Assess volunteer’s need for ongoing training
- Provide ongoing training
- Volunteer Recognition and Appreciation
- Prepare birthday and holiday cards for volunteers
- Provide annual appreciation and holiday gift as budget allows
- Inform LD of outstanding service
- Annual Volunteer Meeting
- Host at least one volunteer meeting per year with multiple repetitions to ensure widest possible attendance
- Assess volunteer satisfaction with their library volunteer experience
- Annual Library Picnic
- Work with LD to host annual picnic for library community
- Circulation Desk
- Work at the desk when needed, including one Saturday/month
- Implement library policies
- Troubleshooting as needed
- Support volunteers and youth workers at desk as needed
Other tasks as assigned