Jobs Available at FLLS
Seasonal Snow Removal Position
The Finger Lakes Library System is currently seeking seasonal help for snow removal.
A seasonal snow shoveler is on call when we have snow on the ground and will be running all winter, from the first snow fall to the last.
The candidate will perform snow removal and ice control duties; and perform related work as required. Duties include but are not limited to shoveling, sidewalk & walkway clearing, salt applications, and de-icing.
Self-monitor snow fall and ice accumulation and report to remove both accordingly.
Efficiently remove snow from fire exits and walkways in a timely manner.
Use of snow shovels, salt, sand, etc.
Work to ensure most efficient removal process possible.
We are starting interviews for candidates who are able to meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must have reliable transportation to get to work during winter storms.
- Must be reachable during normal business hours.
- Must have the ability to work outdoors in below freezing weather conditions.
- Must have appropriate clothing for outdoor work during the winter season.
- Must be dependable.
A candidate for this position must be in good physical condition and able to lift, push, pull, move, or carry 50 – 60 pounds of weight without restrictions.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Features of the Position:
This is an administrative assistant position reporting to the Seneca Falls Library Director. The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out clerical and bookkeeping tasks under the direction of the Director and The Board of Trustees.
Typical Work Activities:
- Fiscal Management: Responsible for financial tasks including payroll management, maintaining all library bank accounts and records, paying bills and maintaining QuickBooks, preparing and making available any reports requested by the Treasurer, Board of Trustees, Director, or appropriate vendors, agencies or institutions.
- Grants: Assists the Director in grant writing efforts by supplying financial information and calculations, assisting with data collection, and assisting with related correspondence.
- Membership: Maintains membership database, tracks membership numbers, conducts mailings for membership, and contacts members regarding their membership status. Write and mail solicitation letters and thank you/tax letters.
- Clerical tasks as assigned by the Treasurer, Board of Trustees, and Director.
- Experience working in an office environment. Knowledge of record keeping, filing practices, business phone etiquette and administrative practices.
- Knowledge of how to use financial software, especially QuickBooks. Training is available.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with database software such as Excel and Access developing and maintaining databases and complex spreadsheets for fundraising, grant-writing, and associated queries and reporting.
- Ability to effectively express oneself in writing.
- Ability to work under direction, independently, and with a team.
- Tact, courtesy, and good judgement.
- Proficiency with web based skills.
12/ hour, 20 hours per week
Please submit your resume to the Seneca Falls Library Director via email or to:
Seneca Falls Library
47 Cayuga Street
Seneca Falls, NY 13148