Jobs Available at FLLS
There are currently no job openings at FLLS.
FLLS Internship Opportunities
The Finger Lakes Library System offers opportunities for a college or graduate student seeking internship positions throughout the year. The intern will have the chance to gain a wide range of experiences in a busy public library system.
The intern will work closely with each librarian at the system and assist with tasks including but not limited to: creating marketing materials for social media and the website, join system staff in visits to member libraries, shadow system employees on day-to-day tasks and much more!
- An interest in library system services.
- Computer skills are essential including Microsoft Office, social media platforms, website skills and basic problem solving and tech support.
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks on a number of concurrent projects.
- Candidates must have strong communication skills, be well organized, detail oriented, and creative.
Hours & Details:
- Dates and times of the internship will be determined with the individual. The Finger Lakes Library System is open from 8:00am-4:00pm, however, many staff members work outside these hours.
- This is an unpaid internship but a great opportunity to receive school credit and build your resume.
All applicants must submit a letter via email outlining their goals, school requirements and timeline for interning to email@example.com. Resume and letters from academic or professional references may be required as well.
Deadline to Apply:
Please email your application materials to:
Member Services Librarian
Finger Lakes Library System
1300 Dryden Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
The Lansing Community Library Seeks a Part – Time Book Keeper
The Lansing Library is seeking part time Bookkeeper for 2 to 3 hours per week. The bookkeeper will be responsible for recording and reporting all financial transactions, including bank reconciliations, budget preparation and cash flow projections, and IRS forms (Form 990, 1099). The position will work closely with the Library Director and Board Finance Officer in monitoring the budget and analyzing financial reports. The bookkeeper will also prepare all monthly financial reports for the Library Board of Trustees.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and accounting related tasks, including bookkeeping, payroll, and accounts payable. A thorough understanding of QuickBooks and being willing to update financial operations within the library is a must. This position requires excellent organizational skills, flexibility, the ability to work independently, and the enjoyment of working with a diverse group of people. Personal liability insurance and bookkeeper certification required. Salary commensurate with experience. This is an independent contractor position.
Interested candidates please send resume to Susie Gutenberger firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, call Susie at 607-533-4939.