Jobs Available at FLLS
Job Title: Office Assistant
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare agendas, minutes, packets, etc. for distribution to board members
- Attend and record minutes from all Board Meetings
- Correspondence for FLLS staff and board members as requested
- Maintain accounts receivable records and cash deposits
- Manage petty cash account
- Handle procedures for all System credit cards
- Oversee use of, and retain records for System credit cards
- Keep all System records and files in order
- Oversee supplies budget line. Approve supply requests.
- Attend meetings and special events as required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion
- Approachable and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team
- Good written and oral skills
- Ability to affectively relate to a wide variety of people including member library directors and trustees
- Organizational skills
- Minimum Associates Degree with 1 year of experience or 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience with financial record keeping
- Experience performing Administrative Assistant or office duties
- Knowledge of basic computer software including Microsoft Office Suite
Hours: Part-time (20 hours per week)
Salary and Benefits: $15 per hour with prorated holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
Please submit (via e-mail) cover letter, resume, and references by December 5th, 2014 to:
Kristi Downham, HR Administrator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Seymour Public Library District in Auburn, NY has an opening for a part-time Librarian I – Adult Services position. Seymour Library values excellent customer service as well as innovation in services and programs. As the Adult Services Librarian, you are responsible for maintaining the Adult Fiction collection (in multiple formats), provide reader’s advisory training for staff, plan programs, lead classes and workshops, and work with community groups.
Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience, training, or interest in any of the following: reader’s advisory, social media or community engagement. The successful candidate will also be required to pass a civil service examination.
Candidates should genuinely like people, appreciate working with a diverse population, and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
Salary Range: $19.00 – $26.50 per hour
Hours: 25-30 hours per week; must be available to work evening as well as weekend hours.
- Master’s degree in library science (MLS) from a program that is accredited by the American Library Association or recognized by the New York State Education Department as following accepted education practices.
- Eligibility for a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate at the time of application; possession of certificate at the time of appointment.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to:Lisa Carr, Library Director, email@example.com. Please put “Librarian Opening” in the subject line.
Seneca Falls Library Director
Seneca Falls Library
Seneca Falls, NY
Seneca Falls Library has an immediate opening for the position of Library Director. This is a professional leadership position under the general direction of the Seneca Falls Library Board of Trustees. The Library Director has overall responsibility for carrying out the goals and objectives of the Seneca Falls Library and for supervising its directors, librarians, and support staff. This responsibility includes the management of annual and long range planning, service delivery, comprehensive programs, government relations, public and community relations, physical facilities, fiscal affairs, resource development, personnel and labor relations, and compliance with all laws and regulations. The incumbent also ensures that the library goals and objectives reflect the library’s strategic plan, including its mission statement and the needs of populations to be served, and that these goals and objectives are communicated to the library’s public. The incumbent performs all related duties as required.
Graduation from an ALA Accredited school or program with a graduate degree in Library Science or Library and Information Studies AND possession of, or eligibility for, a New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate AND three to five years of satisfactory professional library experience in a library of recognized standing, two years of which must have been in an administrative* capacity.
Starting salary range anticipated between $42,000 -$50,000, for the minimum job qualifications. Complete compensation and benefits package to be contingent on experience and certifications of the selected candidate.
*Administrative experience shall include but not be limited to at least two activities such as institutional planning, organizing, budgeting, communicating or any other experience that would be considered qualifying as determined by the SFL Board of Trustees.
The Seneca Falls Library:
The mission of the Seneca Falls Library is to serve the community’s educational, informational and leisure needs through the provision of literary materials, programs, meeting venues and multimedia services.
To receive full consideration, applicants must include a cover letter outlining qualifications for the position, a resume, and a list of three professional references including their names, addresses, and telephone numbers. Please mail application materials to:
Attn. Kelly Redder
Board of Trustees
c/o Seneca Falls Library
47 Cayuga Street
Seneca Falls, NY 13148
Or Email Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials will be accepted until the position is filled.