The Finger Lakes Library System encourages all member libraries to contribute to the selection and maintenance of our digital collection. Member libraries have the choice to select and pay for items themselves, or to contribute to the eContent fund.
- To contribute to the eContent Fund please fill out an Order Form and we will bill your library.
- To purchase items on your own, please fill out a Commit to Purchase Form so we know what to expect to plan our budget accordingly.
The eContent collection is selected in compliance with our Collection Development Policy.
For all statistical data for our eContent offerings visit our Web-Stats page.
It is recommended that your library’s contribution to eContent be 5% of your annual materials budget.
If you want to contribute to the Hoopla System Fund, please fill out the Hoopla Contribution Form and return it to Amanda Schiavulli.
- The Hoopla website: www.hoopladigital.com
- Hoopla Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hoopladigital/
- Advertising Materials: http://library.hoopladigital.com/helpful-links
- Training: www.youtube.com/user/hoopladigital
Need help? Instructions and policies for selecting, purchasing and billing can be found in our Guidelines for Purchasing document.
Remember, you need an Overdrive Account to purchase from Overdrive. If you need an account, let Rex know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
From this link you can view the Best Practices and training documents.
If you are in the middle of ordering and you have a question, please call:
Amanda Schiavulli, ext. 227
Rex Helwig, ext. 240
For Invoicing Support
Use the Invoicing Support button under the Support Tab to communicate with Overdrive billing for any problems.
eContent Selection Committee Members
Priscilla Berggren-Thomas – Phillips Free Library, Homer, NY
Aimee Dorward – Cortland Free Library, Cortland, NY
Tom Fredette – Tompkins County Public Library, Ithaca, NY
Interested in being on the committee? Email Amanda at email@example.com
Database Training – Webinars:
- EBSCO Training
- https://ebscotraining.webex.com/mw3000/mywebex/default.do?siteurl=ebscotraining (NoveList & Learning Express)
- GALE training
- ProQuest (HeritageQuest & eLibrary
Grolier Online Video Tutorials for America the Beautiful, Animals of the World, Lands and Peoples, La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre, and New Book of Popular Science. http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/grolier/tutorials.htm
Build Your Skills: An archive of some of our NoveList’s most popular webcasts and videos. Topics available include Reading Advisory makeover, Creating Engaging Book Displays, Readers Advisory for Kids, and beyond Books Displays. Link to Archive