Storytime resources are for use in preparation for or in library storytimes.
For policies on using our storytime equipment, please visit our System Policies Page for more information.
Storytime boxes contain a variety of different materials to use in storytimes that include but are not limited to musical instruments, masks, flannels and plans. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Finger Lakes Library System has a variety of die cuts and machines for member libraries to borrow to prepare for storytimes and other events. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to email@example.com.
Dies and Die Cut Machines Policy
- Every die and machine has a barcode. DO NOT REMOVE THIS BARCODE.
- Dies circulate for 2 weeks with NO RENEWALS. Renewals must be approved by the a FLLS staff member.
- The Machines are EXPENSIVE and should be packed up the way they were shipped to you: In a box with bubble wrap or in the toolbox. Your library is responsible for any damaged machines or dies.
- When you receive the equipment in the delivery, please be sure you check it out to the appropriate card.
- Please be conscience of other members borrowing dies and machines. When you are finished with the machine or die, please check it in.
Interested in purchasing your own machine:
FLLS has a variety of board games to help with programs or other events. Holds can be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for games to firstname.lastname@example.org.
no images were found
The Finger Lakes Library System has a variety of puppets for member libraries to borrow to in storytimes. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to email@example.com
Puppet List *Note: As puppets become damaged/lost this list may not be 100% current at all times. Please check the Polaris Client under Call Number “Puppet” to see current available puppets.
- Every puppet has a tag with a safety pin. These pins may be removed for use in storytimes, but must be placed back on the puppet when it is returned. Your library will be charged $1.00 for any puppet returned without its barcode.
- Puppets circulate for 3 weeks with NO RENEWALS. Renewals must be approved by a FLLS staff member.
- Patrons are not allowed to check out puppets for sanitary reasons.
- Puppets are to be returned to FLLS in the bag they were sent out in. This ensures they will remain clean while in transport.
- Your library is responsible for any damaged or lost puppets.
- Abby the Librarian
- Falling Flannel Boards
- Flannel Friday
- Mel’s Desk
- Mrs. Wills Kindergarten
- Read, Sing, Play
- Sensory Storytimes
- Show Me Librarian
- Sight Words
- Storytime ABCs
- Storytime Katie
- Storytime Underground
- Tell Me A Story: Videos from the King County Library System of a variety of rhymes and songs acted out in storytime.
- Baby Storytimes
- Toddler Storytimes
- PreSchool Storytimes
- Family Storytimes