Libby is a free app where you can borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks from your public library’s digital collection. You can stream titles with Wi-Fi or mobile data, or download them for offline use and read anytime, anywhere. All you need to get started is a library card.
The legacy OverDrive app was removed from app stores on February 23, 2022.
Some important things to note:
- Existing OverDrive app users that already have the app downloaded will be able to continue using it.
- The OverDrive app will not be removed from the Amazon App store for Kindle users at this time. Since Libby is not yet available in the Amazon App store, new and existing Kindle users can continue to use the OverDrive app. They can also stream content through http://libbyapp.com or your library’s website, depending on their Kindle. They could also deliver Kindle books using the Send to Kindle feature from another device that does support Libby. How to install Libby on Kindle.
Here are a few key resources worth taking a look at:
- Reaching More Readers with Libby FAQs
- Installing Libby on Your Kindle
- Staff Training
- Marketing and Promotion Kits
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to Heidi at email@example.com