Please contact Deborah at email@example.com for more information about the following services we offer:
- Processing temporary Polaris bibliographic records (Quick bibs) created by individual member libraries. These temporary records are merged by System staff into fully edited bibliographic records. Instead of sending newly published/acquired materials in to the System for processing where there may be a delay of up to a month, the creation of Quick bibs allows for these materials to be immediately circulated to patrons.
- Processing requests to add new titles to the FLLS Union List of Serials on Polaris for newly published/acquired periodical subscriptions.
- Providing consultation on cataloging and classification issues including the creation of Quick bibs. Questions on item holding maintenance are to be submitted to the Computer Network Services training coordinator.
- Providing assistance on ad hoc cataloging projects.
- FLLS Suggested Parameters: This PDF document features suggested parameters for item records including Call Number Prefix and Stat Code. Please note that these parameters are suggested, you may select different parameters to suit your needs. The last page of the document includes a formula for creating a call number.
- Classify: The database is available through OCLC to assist with non-fiction call numbers. Search for your item and view possible Dewey Decimal numbers.