Starting Thursday, April 27, 2023, SYNC gives teens 13 and older two thematically paired audiobooks each week. This year, SYNC begins on Apr. 27 and ends August 2nd! Titles change every Thursday at midnight EST during the season.
The first step is registering for SYNC here: https://www.audiofilemagazine.com/sync/.
You can find instructions on how to set up Sora on the SYNC FAQ page. We’ve also included these steps below:
- Download Sora from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store (go to soraapp.com).
- Open Sora and tap I have a setup code (at the bottom of the screen).
- Enter this setup code: audiobooksync (student participants can search for Audiobook SYNC if they are already signed in to Sora)
- Enter the email address you used to sign up for SYNC.
- Tap Explore (at the bottom of the screen) to see the week’s featured titles. The program runs from April 27, 2023 through August 2, 2023.
In 2023, the SYNC program will only work with Sora, the student reading app from OverDrive. These titles will not be available in Libby. However, patrons do not have to be associated with a school in order to access Sora.
Titles in the SYNC program appeal to a wide range of interests, maturity levels, and ability levels. Please preview the materials to decide if the titles match your personal needs.