Storytime resources are for use in preparation for or in library storytimes.
If you have any questions about an item, please contact the Youth Services Department: (607) 273-4074 x227
For policies on using our storytime equipment, please visit our System Policies Page for more information.
The iPad Storytime Lab is ready to be used by member libraries in your storytimes! Place it on hold in Polaris. You can search by title: “iPad Storytime Lab” or to browse all our storytime resources, search “Storytime Box” under the Call Number field. Remember, this is for LIBRARY USE ONLY and is NOT to be lent to patrons. Borrowing library must comply with all our policies. Contact Amanda at email@example.com with any questions.
- Policy for use
- iPad Storytime Lab Use Survey
- Survey Monkey Link to the paper form
- iPad Storytime Lab Patron Survey
- Have your patrons give feedback on your Tablet Tales Storytime! Send completed surveys to Amanda.
- Template for Promotion
- Apps installed on the iPad Storytime Lab
- Felt Board by Software Smoothie
- Felt Board – Mother Goose on the Loose by Software Smoothie
- Animal Sounds by Innovative Mobile Apps
- Peekaboo Vehicles by Touch and Learn
- Wheels on the Bus by Duck Duck Moose
- Red in Bed by daniel logeman
- Barnyard Dance by Loud Crow Interactive
- Boats by Oceanhouse Media
- Toca Robot Lab by Toca Boca
- Endless Alphabet by Originator Inc
- Bunny Fun: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes by Auryn
- Grow a Reader by Calgary Public Library
- Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site by Oceanhouse Media
- My Very Hungry Caterpillar by StoryToys
- Trail, Martim is a Strong Boy by Casa Grafica
- Brave Rooney and the Super Sized Super Heros by Bacciz
- Hat Monkey by Fox and Sheep
- Toca Tailor by Toca Boca
- Tiny Airport – Toddler’s Seek and Find Activity Book by Wonderkind
- Toca House by Toca Boca
- Toca Kitchen by Toca Boca
- Toca Cars by Toca Boca
- Toca Builders by Toca Boca
- Toca Birthday Party by Toca Boca
- Toca Hair Salon Me by Toca Boca
- Toca Town by Toca Boca
- Toca Pet Doctor by Toca Boca
- My Friend the Spider by Sive5ifty
- Animated Kids Songs by Haiyan Hu
- Handouts from September 24th New Media in Storytime Training
- Helpful Links
- NAEYC and Fred Rogers Center Joint Policy Statement
- (Technology and young children ages 0-8 -be sure to check out the Key Messages and the Examples of Effective Practice)
- Early Learning with Families 2.0 – California State Library Initiative
- (Digital Literacy, Young Children and Libraries: A Toolkit — coming summer 2015)
- Joan Ganz Cooney Center – Pioneering Literacy Webinar
- (to view the webinar, you must register)
- NAEYC and Fred Rogers Center Joint Policy Statement
Tablet Tales resources have been made available through the 2013-2016 Family Literacy Grant
Storytime boxes contain a variety of different materials to use in storytimes that include but are not limited to musical instruments, masks, flannels and plans. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Finger Lakes Library System has a variety of die cuts and machines for member libraries to borrow to prepare for storytimes and other events. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to email@example.com.
Dies and Die Cut Machines Policy
- Every die and machine has a barcode. DO NOT REMOVE THIS BARCODE.
- Dies circulate for 2 weeks with NO RENEWALS. Renewals must be approved by the Youth Services department.
- The Machines are EXPENSIVE and should be packed up the way they were shipped to you: In a box with bubble wrap or in the toolbox. Your library is responsible for any damaged machines or dies.
- When you receive the equipment in the delivery, please be sure you check it out to the appropriate card.
- Please be conscience of other members borrowing dies and machines. When you are finished with the machine or die, please check it in.
Interested in purchasing your own machine:
FLLS has a variety of board games to help with programs or other events. Holds can be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for games to firstname.lastname@example.org.
no images were found
The Finger Lakes Library System has a variety of puppets for member libraries to borrow to in storytimes. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to email@example.com.
- Every puppet has a tag with a safety pin. These pins may be removed for use in storytimes, but must be placed back on the puppet when it is returned. Your library will be charged $1.00 for any puppet returned without its barcode.
- Puppets circulate for 3 weeks with NO RENEWALS. Renewals must be approved by the Youth Services department.
- Patrons are not allowed to check out puppets for sanitary reasons.
- Puppets are to be returned to FLLS in the bag they were sent out in. This ensures they will remain clean while in transport.
- Your library is responsible for any damaged or lost puppets.
- Abby the Librarian
- Candlewick Press
- Chalk Talk
- Every Child Ready to Read
- Falling Flannel Boards
- Flannel Friday
- Mel’s Desk
- Mrs. Wills Kindergarten
- Read, Sing, Play
- Riddles and Jokes
- Sensory Storytimes
- Show Me Librarian
- Sight Words
- Storytime ABCs
- Storytime Katie
- Tell Me A Story
- Videos from the King County Library System of a variety of rhymes and songs acted out in storytime.
- Baby Storytimes
- Toddler Storytimes
- PreSchool Storytimes
- Family Storytimes