Storytime resources are for use in preparation for or in library storytimes.
If you have any questions about an item, please contact the Youth Services Department: (607) 273-4074 x227
Policies in PDF Format:
Storytime boxes contain a variety of different materials to use in storytimes that include but are not limited to musical instruments, masks, flannels and plans. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to email@example.com.
The Finger Lakes Library System has a variety of die cuts and machines for member libraries to borrow to prepare for storytimes and other events. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dies and Die Cut Machines Policy
- Every die and machine has a barcode. DO NOT REMOVE THIS BARCODE.
- Dies circulate for 2 weeks with NO RENEWALS. Renewals must be approved by the Youth Services department.
- The Machines are EXPENSIVE and should be packed up the way they were shipped to you: In a box with bubble wrap or in the toolbox. Your library is responsible for any damaged machines or dies.
- When you receive the equipment in the delivery, please be sure you check it out to the appropriate card.
- Please be conscience of other members borrowing dies and machines. When you are finished with the machine or die, please check it in.
Interested in purchasing your own machine:
FLLS has a variety of board games to help with programs or other events. Holds can be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for games to email@example.com.
The Finger Lakes Library System has a variety of puppets for member libraries to borrow to in storytimes. Holds may be placed through Polaris. Please send suggestions for purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Every puppet has a tag with a safety pin. These pins may be removed for use in storytimes, but must be placed back on the puppet when it is returned. Your library will be charged $1.00 for any puppet returned without its barcode.
- Puppets circulate for 3 weeks with NO RENEWALS. Renewals must be approved by the Youth Services department.
- Patrons are not allowed to check out puppets for sanitary reasons.
- Puppets are to be returned to FLLS in the bag they were sent out in. This ensures they will remain clean while in transport.
- Your library is responsible for any damaged or lost puppets.
- Abby the Librarian
- Chalk Talk
- Every Child Ready to Read
- Flannel Friday
- Mel’s Desk
- Mrs. Wills Kindergarten
- Riddles and Jokes
- Sensory Storytimes
- Show Me Librarian
- Storytime ABCs
- Storytime Katie
- Tell Me A Story
- Videos from the King County Library System of a variety of rhymes and songs acted out in storytime.
- Baby Storytimes
- Toddler Storytimes
- PreSchool Storytimes
- Family Storytimes