New Year, New Library! On January 5th, Finger Lakes Library System held a Grant Writing workshop. The session covered tips for success, persuasive writing, and available resources. Guest speakers discussed grants available specifically for member libraries:
Links to Materials:
- Ask for help!
- Build strong partnerships, get a letter of support
- Appeal to hearts and minds
- Follow directions exactly
- Stay positive and persevere!
Please contact us with questions:
- Rosen Grants: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Construction Grants: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Outreach Mini-Grants: email@example.com
For Further Learning:
- Winning Library Grants Webinar: http://learn.webjunction.org/course/index.php?categoryid=28
- ALA/ACRL Shaking the Money Tree: Grant Writing for Librarians: http://www.ala.org/acrl/aboutacrl/directoryofleadership/sections/ebss/ebsswebsite/ebssconferenceinfo/grantwriting
- Purdue OWL Grant Writing: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/981/1/
- Purdue OWL Persuasive Writing: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/696/1/
- Winning Grants by Pamela MacKellar and Stephanie Gerding A20519403747
- Go Get that Grant! by Gail M. Staines A20517874471
- ALA Book of Library Grant Money by Nancy Kalikow Maxwell (ed.) A20519427369
- Don’t forget about the rest of the professional collection!