The Finger Lakes Library System Board of Trustees welcomes nominations for two open seats, one in Tompkins County and one in Tioga County. Nominations are welcome for any adult residing in Tompkins or Tioga Counties to fill the respective seat available for each county. The nominee does not need to be a trustee on a library board.
Nominations are due by Friday, August 16th. To submit a nomination, please fill out the nomination form and return to Amy Starr Zuch, FLLS Executive Director.
- The FLLS Board of Trustees will present a slate from the nominations received for election at the FLLS Annual Meeting on October 25. One trustee from each member library casts a single vote on behalf of their board.
- Trustees of the Finger Lakes Library System are elected to five-year terms of office.
- A trustee may only serve two consecutive terms for a total of ten years.
- The term of office begins on January 1st and ends on December 31st of the fifth year.
- The Board meets approximately eight times per year on Wednesdays at 5:30pm in Ithaca.