Ready to Read at New York Libraries
As part of the 2016-2019 Family Literacy Grant, the Finger Lakes Library System is participating in the New York State Education Department’s Ready to Read at New York Libraries initiative.
This page is intended for member libraries in the Finger Lakes Library System to download resources after training and download related documents. Any questions, please email the Training Cohort.
- Early Literacy Community Asset Analysis Handouts
- Strategies for Successful Partnerships and Outreach to Families with Young Children Handouts
- Strengthening Young Families through Early Literacy Practices (ECRR2)
- Early Learning Spaces Sample PPT
- Everyone Serves Families with Young Children (TBA)
Use this form to be reimbursed for mileage related to traveling to training.
Early Literacy Materials Reimbursement Form
Use this form to be reimbursed for materials purchased to supplement the program.
Note: All items purchased with funds from this program MUST be labeled with the text:
“Funding for ______ was made possible through the 2016-2019 New York State Library Family Literacy Library Services Grant.”
- Children’s Defense Fund
- Diversity Data Kids
- Kids Count Data Center
- National Center for Education Statistics
- New York State School Report Card
- United States Census Bureau
(http://foundationcenter.org): “Established in 1956, Foundation Center is the leading source of information about philanthropy worldwide. Foundation Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. and, increasingly, global grant makers and their grants — a robust, accessible knowledge bank for the sector.”
- Begin by searching the Free Directory at http://foundationcenter.org/findfunders/foundfinder. Note that deeper access to the site’s resources requires subscription (some libraries, such as the New York State Library, are subscribers: http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/grantres.htm).
- You may also visit the Foundation Center’s Grant Space for Children and Youth at http://grantspace.org/Subjects/children-and-youth.
Library Grants Blog (http://librarygrants.blogspot.com)
New York State Library – State Aid for Library Construction (http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/construc): “Funds from an appropriation of $19 million in capital funds for public library construction in the 2015 State Budget can provide up to 75 percent of approved costs of acquisition, construction, renovation, or rehabilitation of public libraries or public library system headquarters.” Talk to your library system for more information.
- American Library Association – Grants (http://www.ala.org/awardsgrants/awards)
- The Annie E. Casey Foundation – Grants (http://www.aecf.org/about/grant-making)
- Association for Library Service to Children – Grants (http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants)
- Grants.gov (http://www.grants.gov)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services – Grants (https://www.imls.gov/grants)
- Scholastic – Grants (http://www.scholastic.com/librarians/programs/grants.htm)
- K. Kellogg Foundation – Educated Kids (http://www.wkkf.org/what-we-do/educated-kids)
Look within your community.
- Barnes and Noble (http://www.barnesandnobleinc.com/our_company/sponsorship/Sponsorship_main.html)
- Costco Wholesale (http://www.costco.com/charitable-giving.html)
- First Niagara (https://www.firstniagara.com/About_Us/Community_Commitment/How_We_Give/How_We_Give.aspx)
- Lowes (http://responsibility.lowes.com/apply-for-a-grant)
- Panera Bread (https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/en_us/community/community-giving.html)
- Target (https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/grants
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten
- Center for Early Literacy Learning
- Child Care and Early Education Research Connections
- Early Childhood
- Saroj Ghoting: Early Childhood Literacy Consultant
- Get Ready to Read: Free Early Learning Resources
- National Institute for Early Education Research
- Text 4 Baby
Visit http://www.flls.org/collection-development/#vendors for a comprehensive list of library vendors.
- FLLS Storytime Resources
- Aurora and Hazard’ s Ready to Read Website
- Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy
- Day by Day Calendar
- Mother Goose Club
- Scholastic FACE Program
- Toy Library Association